Our Team Is Growing!
Posted on November 2, 2021
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Communications and Volunteer Coordinator to support the organization’s external communications and volunteer program to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago.
Working closely with all teams of the organization, the Communications & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the external and internal communications of the organization, as well as administering the volunteer program, including executing the editorial calendar, maintaining a presence on social media and working with volunteers to further the operations of Green Calgary.
Your excellent organization and time management skills will help ensure that you are successful in meeting deadlines for communications. Your knowledge of charitable sector and passion for the environment will help you craft engaging communications and work with volunteers. Your leadership will help guide and grow Green Calgary’s volunteers.
Some duties of this position include:
- Coordinate website updates, content and images in addition to ensuring all online platforms maintain a high standard of professional and quality content and visual appeal
- Help execute Green Calgary’s communications strategy through social media, newsletters, blogs, and other communications methods
- Assist with all print and electronic advertisements and online calendar event postings
- Coordinate in-store displays and communications materials
- Coordinate and attend community events
- Volunteer Coordination
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, training, and scheduling
- Manage volunteers on site of volunteering events
- Input volunteer metrics and KPIs into Green Calgary’s database
- Communicate regularly with volunteers via email and newsletters
- Work with corporate partners to create volunteering opportunities for their employees
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing or communications, experience in the charitable sector an asset
- 1-2 years of experience in volunteer coordination
- Experience with graphic design and copy writing an asset
- Experience with Google Ads, Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, and ACT are assets
- Excellent organizational skills recommended
- Great people skills and good judgment for people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Hours and working conditions:
This is a part-time, permanent position. This role will require 22.5 hours/week with flexibility for your hours. You will see an increase in your work in the Fall and Spring, with quieter summers and winters, and our Time-Off-In-Lieu plan will let you bank your hours from these busier periods for more time off later. Much of your work can be completed at home and the Green Calgary offices are currently closed pending our Return-to-Work plan. Occasional help with programs that are in the evening and on weekends may be required.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted until November 15, 2021. Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted no later than November 22, 2021. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.