Join our team!
Posted on November 1, 2021
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Fund Development and Membership Coordinator to support the organization’s member and donor communications, as well as grant writing and fundraising efforts to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Fund Development and Membership Coordinator is responsible for procuring operating capital for the organization through grants, sponsorships, and donations, while also supporting the organizations donor stewardship plan. The Fund Development and Membership Coordinator is also responsible for stewarding relationships with members, grantors, sponsors, and donors as well as running Green Calgary’s membership program.
Your finely honed organization and time management skills will help ensure that you are successful in meeting deadlines for grant applications and reports. Your knowledge of charitable sector and passion for the environment will help you craft engaging communications with external stakeholders and your outgoing attitude will help you speak with potential sponsors and donors.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Research new funding opportunities and their requirements
- Prepare and submit grant applications
- Prepare and submit grant reports and follow-up to ensure funder satisfaction
- Lead yearly fundraising and membership drive initiatives with the help of the Fundraising Committee
- Meeting with new and existing sponsors to steward relationships, drive new programming opportunities, and support Green Calgary’s work
- Communicating regularly with Green Calgary’s membership to grow the membership base and deliver member-only content
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Post-secondary education in fund development, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 1 - 3 years of experience in marketing and communications or related field, experience in the charitable sector an asset
- 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of granting lifecycle
- Passion for the environment
- Strong general computer skills
- Experience with Google Ads, Microsoft Office, and ACT are assets
- Ability to develop and steward relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to craft a message with a specific voice and adapt messaging to diverse audiences
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team, from home and in an office.
Hours and working conditions:
This is a full-time, permanent position. This role will require 30 hours/week with flexibility for your hours. You will see an increase in your work in the Fall and Spring, with quieter summers and winters, and our Time-Off-In-Lieu plan will let you bank your hours from these busier periods for more time off later. Much of your work can be completed at home and the Green Calgary offices are currently closed pending our Return-to-Work plan. Occasional help with programs that are in the evening and on weekends may be required.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted until November 15, 2021. Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted no later than November 22, 2021. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.