Help Desk & Green Hub Team Member
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Help Desk & Green Hub Coordinator to support the organization’s customer service and operations to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago.
Working with the Executive Director, the Help Desk & Green Hub Coordinator is responsible for coordinating retail operations (the Green Hub), staffing the Green Calgary Help Desk, and maintaining communications with the Rain Barrel Sales Coordinator. The Green Calgary Help Desk offers sustainability support, knowledge, and research to Calgarians, who can access this support online, over the phone, or in-person (restrictions permitting).
Your superior customer service and people skills will help ensure that Green Calgary maintains its stellar reputation for customer service. Your organization and time management skills will keep on top of help desk inquiries and sales coordination.
Some job responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the Green Calgary EcoStore: handling Ecostore related logistics (processing transactions, mailing orders, arranging for pickup or deliveries to customers, coordinating wholesale purchases)
- Becoming a subject matter expert in rainwater harvesting and vermicomposting
- Assisting at the Rain Barrel Sales events from April through June
- Managing EcoStore and Help Desk inquiries (researching customer questions, becoming an expert on sustainability, checking phone messages and emails, and responding to those messages)
- Providing administrative assistance: inputting Help Desk inquiries into the tracking database (data entry, organizing data, presenting reports to the Executive Director)
- Membership engagement: Coordinating renewals and payments for Members of Green Calgary Association
- Providing support for our environmental education programs as needed
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of customer service experience
- Data entry experience an asset
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Class 5 vehicle operator’s licence
- Friendly manner with the ability to respond to a variety of questions/requests
- Comfort speaking on the phone is necessary
- Excellent organizational skills recommended
- Strong computer skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be involved with the biggest water conservation effort in the city
- Be involved with one of the oldest environmental charities in Calgary
- Work with an amazing team who cares about you AND the environment!
- Flexible work hours
- Future career development opportunity and room for growth
- Learn about sustainability, water conservation, green living and more
Hours and working conditions:
This is a part-time, limited-term position, with the possibility of moving to permanent in the future. This role will require 20 hours/week with flexibility for in-office hours. Much of your work can be completed at home and the Green Calgary offices are currently closed pending recommendations to return from Canada Public Health. Occasional help with programs that are in the evening and on weekends will be required. A vehicle will be required to visit the office, pick up wholesale purchases, and make occasional deliveries. You will be reimbursed for mileage. A police check will be required for this position.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be accepted until April 18, 2021. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.