Green Workplace Internship
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Green Workplace Coordinator to support the organization’s workplace services and public engagement to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago. This role has been designed to start as an internship and become the full coordinator role after 1 year.
Working with the Executive Director and other Department staff, the Green Workplace Coordinator is responsible for outreach and engagement with the Calgary business community to offer Green Calgary’s products and services, as well as delivery of those services. Additionally, this role includes being the primary point of contact for the Green Calgary Help Desk, which offers sustainability support, knowledge, and research to Calgarians, who can access this support online, over the phone, or in-person.
Your excellent organization and time management skills will help you keep to a busy schedule. Your curiosity, environmental knowledge, and research skills will help you to serve Green Calgary’s clients and support Green Calgary’s position as an industry leader in environmental knowledge and services.
This internship opportunity is available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be age 30 and under and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or hold refugee status in Canada
- Must have a post-secondary accomplishment and is not an existing full-time permanent employee
Position Duties / Responsibilities:
- Program Delivery & Support
Provide excellent customer service while delivering existing Green Calgary programs
Apply statistical analysis and data collection skills to provide reports to stakeholders
Respond to inquiries from the public through the Help Desk
Act as the in-house expert on environmental topics for other team members
Support other business units, including delivering programs and supporting development
- Business Development
- Grow Green Workplace through networking and marketing
- Research market trends
- Represent Green Calgary at networking events
- Explore new opportunities to reach under-served audiences
- Program Development
- Apply research skills in developing new programs
- Keep up-to-date on current and pending legislation
- Post-secondary education in environmental sciences or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a STEM or related role
- Other mixture of education and experience will be considered
- Strong business acumen
- Thorough knowledge of environment and urban sustainability
- Ability to develop and steward relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel
Additional Working Requirements:
Able to lift up to 25 kg. Current and valid driver’s license. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
This is a full-time internship position with the intent to transitioning to a permanent position after 1 year. This position pays $21/hour for 37.5 hours a week. Work schedule is flexible with some combination of work from home and office work. Benefits include health, dental, and health spending account available after 90 days. This position also qualifies for Green Calgary’s RRSP-matching program after 365 days.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted until August 8, 2021. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.