Join the Adventure - Join Green Calgary 2020
Posted on March 3, 2020
Are you passionate about the environment? Do you want to work for an environmental education charity? Do you have skills in bookkeeping and administration? Green Calgary could be the right fit for you!
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Office Administrator to support the organization’s internal workings to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper/Office Administrator is responsible for the accounting and administration of the organization. Your primary role will be ensuring the accuracy of the accounting records, while assisting with the general administration of the organization.
Your finely honed organization and time management skills will help ensure that you are successful in meeting deadlines and keeping the organization running smoothly and efficiently. Your eye for detail will help keep the accounting records free from errors and make the grant reporting process seamless.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Full cycle accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly reconciliations of all accounts including bank, credit card, Shopify, and online donation platforms
- Preparing monthly financial statements for the board
- Preparing monthly cash flow projections
- Preparing the annual tax return, GST, and audit files
- Semi-monthly payroll
- General office administration including liaising with the external IT provider, interfacing with building management, and ordering office supplies
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Post-secondary education in bookkeeping/accounting
- 2 - 5 years of experience in bookkeeping/accounting, experience in the charitable sector an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and sound judgment
- Experience using Quickbooks, Shopify, and ACT
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
Hours and working conditions:
This is a part-time, permanent position paying $21/hour. This role will require 20 hours/week, much of which can be worked at home, with weekly in-office meetings and check-ins. You’ll see an increase in your work in the winter and spring, with quieter summers. Occasional help with programs that are in the evening and weekend may be required.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Nirmala Naidoo, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Submissions Closed. Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted no later than March 20, 2020. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.