Come Celebrate Earth Day with Us!
Posted on April 16, 2016
Every year, we look to celebrate Earth Day with #yyc in a meaningful way. This year, we are pleased to present a screening of the award winning documentary, “Elemental” at the John Dutton Theatre (Central Library) Wednesday April 20th in conjunction with our AGM.
This year's event will start at 5:30pm with a reception where attendees will get to enjoy refreshments from local vendors like Sunnyside Market. Check out some interesting ways to live greener and support us through our annual raffle for some lovely prizes provided by our members including:
- A Wine Prize - a selection of 12 wines (donated by our Board & staff)
- A $75 gift pack courtesy of Rocky Mountain Soap Company
- A $50 Tour & Tasting Package at Village Brewery (donated by Village Brewery)
- A $100 Gift Card from Blue Grass Nursery & Garden Centre (donated by Blue Grass)
- A Gift Card from Una Pizza & Wine (donated by Una Pizza & Wine)
After the reception, you can attend our AGM, which will be followed by a short awards presentation in recognition of our amazing volunteers. At 7 pm, we'll screen the award winning film, Elemental - a story of three individuals united by their deep connection with nature & driven to confront some of the most pressing ecological challenges of our time. Check out the trailer here.
Green Calgary Members who attend the Annual General Meeting get free access to the entire event. Members not attending the AGM and nonmembers pay just $10. You can register and/or purchase your ticket here. You can also download the 2016 AGM Agenda package here. We hope to see you there!