Join our team!
Posted on January 21, 2022
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been providing Calgarians the resources they need to live more sustainably. We are currently looking for a Green Homes & Communities Coordinator to support the organization’s community services and public engagement to ensure that Green Calgary can keep doing the amazing work we started over 40 years ago. This role has been designed as a limited term appointment for 1 year, with the intent to become permanent upon review at that time.
Working with the Executive Director and other Department staff, the Green Homes & Communities Coordinator is responsible for outreach and engagement with community partners to offer Green Calgary’s products and services, as well as delivery of those services.
Your excellent organization and time management skills will help you keep to a busy schedule. Your curiosity, environmental knowledge, and research skills will help you to serve Green Calgary’s clients and support Green Calgary’s position as an industry leader in environmental knowledge and services.
Some of the duties of this position include:
- Deliver Green Calgary’s community-based programming, becoming a subject matter expert in the contents of programs
- Research, contact, and book program collaborators, guest speakers, presenters, etc.
- Provide administrative support in bookings for other departments, communicating with external clients, and other administrative tasks, as needed
- Grow Green Homes & Communities through networking and marketing
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as environmental sciences or education
- 1-2 years experience in program delivery, public speaking, or adult education
- Other mixture of education and experience will be considered
- Experience in the charitable sector an asset
- Thorough knowledge of environment and urban sustainability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Power Point
Additional Working Requirements:
Able to lift up to 25 kg. Current and valid driver’s license. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Hours and working conditions:
This is a part-time limited term position with the intent to transitioning to a permanent position after 1 year. This position pays $21/hour for 20 hours a week. Work schedule is flexible based on event bookings with some combination of online and in-person content delivery. Benefits include health, dental, and health spending account available after 90 days.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Lex van der Raadt, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Submissions will be accepted until February 6, 2022. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications are welcomed from everyone, including: women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of visible minorities. It is our aim to have an organization which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.