Green Calgary's Gift-Giving Guide 2019
Posted on December 6, 2019
Our 2019 holiday gift guide is here! Every year when we get to the holiday season, we start looking at what to get as gifts for family, friends, co-workers, and more. We also look at how we can reduce the waste that comes from gift-giving: packaging foremost of all. Here are 10 ideas for gifts that don't come with much packaging!
1. Home made personal cleaners! You can get a DIY personal care kit from our online store HERE!
2. Buy lightly wrapped bath goods, like soaps from local companies!
3. Buy something from a thrift store - there are lots of great gifts to find!
4. Make a donation in someone's name! You can donate to Green Calgary HERE!
5. Buy something at a craft sale!
6. Buy experiences, like a walking tour or lessons!
7. Make your own decorations! Check out our green decoration blog HERE!
8. Buy products with very little packaging, such as clothing or books.
9. Cook a meal for someone or take them out!
10. Make a piece of clothing by knitting, crocheting, or sewing! How about making a simple neck warmer like THIS?
There are other ways that we can be green as well, such as volunteering your time. If the perfect gift happens to have packaging, see if you can get it from a local company and support our local economy!