10 things to Do in #yyc – Family Day 2017
Posted on February 17, 2017
With the long weekend here, you might be looking for some more things to do around Calgary to occupy your time, while keeping sustainability in mind. We know we are! Whether your family is large or just you, there’s lots to do in YYC.
1. WinterFest at Fort Calgary: This fun and free event on Family Day itself runs most of the day and features lots of activities both indoors and out. We’re particularly excited for the stories from Siksika Nation peoples!
3. Calgary Olympic Plaza: There’s a few fun outdoor activities at Olympic Plaza this long weekend. For kids there’s a Mobile Adventure Playground and it’s one of the spots in Calgary for outdoor skating for the whole family!
4. Family Fun Day at Eau Claire Market: This huge event includes stage shows and fun activities for the whole family!
5. Free swimming: Along with free skating throughout the city, a number of pools also have free swimming!
6. Family FISHtival: Play games and learn about fish at the Bow Habitat Station!
7. Branch Out Snowshoe Tour: This showshoe hike at the Fallentimber Meadery outside of Calgary is a whole day event for the entire family!
8. Early Germination Event at Grow Calgary: You can get seeds and buckets to germinate at home or help plant seeds on a farm!
9. We Are Family at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary: Crafts, games, and, of course, birds! There’s lots to love about spending part of your long weekend out in nature.
10. Green Kids Drop-In: The Three R’s: Of course, we have programming for your family, too! With hands-on activities, children aged 3-10 and their families can learn more about the importance of reducing, reusing, and recycling. No registration is required and fee is by donation.
There’s so much more you can do, too! You can find plenty of ideas online, if nothing here speaks to you. Just spend your time with your family and enjoy our city and our planet! Have a great long weekend!