Power of Nature: Using Electricity
Power of Nature: Using Electricity is tailored to make the following science curriculum connections:
Science topic A: Electricity and Magnetism
- understand that household electrical currents are potentially dangerous and not a suitable source for experimentation.
- demonstrate that a moving magnet can be used to generate electricity.
- recognise that the amount of electricity we use in our homes is measured in kilowatt hours.
- interpret and explain the reading on a household electrical meter and efficiency labels on electrical appliances.
Science topic B: mechanisms using electricity
- Identify example applications of electrical devices in the school and home environment and classify the kinds of uses.
- Recognise the importance of switches and other control mechanisms to the design and operation of electrical devices and identify purposes of switches in particular applications.