…offers students the opportunity to examine typical household cleaning products, consider the ingredients of these cleaners and impacts on the natural environment and human health. This is an inquiry-based opportunity that fully engages participants in hands-on learning and incorporates several cross-curricular competencies.
- Clean Green is one hour in length.
- Please no more than 30 students
- Clean Green is valued at $200+gst*
The following is required for the program:
- Access to water and a sink (in a nearby room is fine)
- 5-6 tables or desks for the collaborative activity
- A smart board or multimedia projector with a computer
*Each presentation is valued at $200.00. However, we strive for equal access for all Calgarians to environmental education and empowerment, so IF cost is a barrier, we ask that your organization makes the contribution that you can afford and you will be invoiced accordingly.
- In-school program:
- We will follow government advice to ensure visits to schools are safe
- Materials will be sanitised between presentations
- Programs will be modified so students and presenters are distanced and not sharing materials
- If visitors are not allowed into schools you will automatically be signed up for a virtual program
- Live virtual programs:
- Live virtual presentation to a classroom of students
- Program materials can be delivered to schools and will be sanitised between programs (Calgary only)