The Green Kids Program is pleased to offer the following additional resources for teachers and educators:
- Helpful links you might want to check out:
- ACEE’s Resources for Preparing for a New Curriculum
- Wonderville - science & environmental online education
- National Geographic for Kids videos
- Discovery Channel's "Shred" Recycling & Landfill Video: Ecco Recycling & Energy
- Vermicomposting Video: How Worms Reduce Our Waste
- The Basics of Freshwater
- The Story of Calgary's Garbage: Too Good to Waste
- Have a question related to waste or water conservation within your school? Contact us!
- Have a general environmental inquiry? Feel free to call our Help Desk Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM at (403) 230–1443.
- Need help composting or vermicomposting? Download our online guides for free!
- EcoTeams and Environmental Campaigns' support. Green Calgary is proud to partner with the Elements Society as the Calgary area coordinator for the Destination Conservation program.
- Professional Development workshops: Our current workshop offering is Inquiry-based Learning in Environmental Education. This workshop will engage educators in hands on experiences that demonstrate inquiry-based learning practices and tools. Educators will gain strategies for sparking curiosity, learn about embedded assessment practices and explore environmental learning. This workshop will give educators tools and ideas for using lead-in experiences as spring boards for inquiry, along with exploring aspects of environmental learning and practices for deepening student engagement in classroom learning. PD workshops are 1.5 hours and offered at $300.00 per session. Contact our Green Kids Coordinator at 403 230 1443 ext 227 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also offer Lunch n’ Learns through our Green Workplace program, and our Green Homes & Communities team offers several workshops year round.
For more information, please contact our Green Kids Coordinator at email@example.com or (403) 230-1443 ext: 227.