Now Hiring: Green Workplace Coordinator
Posted on August 31, 2019
Coordinator, Green Workplace
*THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU*
The Coordinator, Green Workplace role combines environmental knowledge and passion with strong business acumen to provide business consulting services on how to make operations more sustainable.
Your primary role will be in building strong relationships and providing excellent customer service as you deliver existing Green Workplace programs to businesses throughout Calgary, using solid data collection and statistical analysis skills to develop outstanding reports. You will apply your research skills in developing new programs and staying up-to-date on current legislation and environmental trends. Your role will also include conducting presentations on a variety of environmental topics as well as responding to general inquiries from the public and act as an internal resource for staff in answering questions.
As someone who is not afraid to meet new people, you will become the catalyst for change for many Calgarians. You will use your well developed business development skills to find the spaces where you can leverage your work with green Calgary to add value to a business or operation, and you know how to tell our story to inspire action. The Green Workplace program will grow and thrive with you as you invest time in exploring opportunities to meet and connect with individuals and businesses who may not be fully acquainted with Green Calgary yet. And your people skills will enable you to effectively train and supervise seasonal staff.
· In order to be successful in this role, you should be passionate about the environment, and urban sustainability
· Your past education or experience has provided you with an understanding of environmental sciences and community-based environmental issues and solutions as well as strong business acumen and a solid understanding of marketing or sales and you should have 2-5 years of experience supplementing your formal education in a similar role.
· You have strong presentation and verbal communication skills that will enable you to answer general inquiries and speak to diverse audiences on a wide variety of topics.
· Your excellent written communication skills combined with a thorough understanding of statistical analysis and data collection will enable you to provide outstanding reports to our various stakeholders
· You have experience building relationships with internal and external partners
· You have a strong computer skills, in particular MS Excel
· You can lift up to 25kg and aren’t afraid to get dirty
· You have a current and valid driver’s license
Hours and working conditions:
This is a full-time position, expected to work an average of 37.5 hours per week. Schedule may include the rare evening or weekend.
The salary range is $45,000 - $50,000 per year commensurate with experience, employer-paid benefits are included.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Areni Kelleppan, Executive Director, at email@example.com