Natural Living Series
Our Natural Living workshops allow participants to engage in greener living. Join us for some of our most affordable experiential learning opportunities:
- Care for Yourself, Care for Your Planet: Making Personal Care Products. How to choose natural PCPs; make your own shampoo, deodorant & toothpaste to take home and try out!
- Clean Greener: Learn to Make Your Own Green Cleaner! How to choose non toxic products; make your own all-purpose cleaner, tub scrub & toilet bowl cleaner to take home and try out!
- Upcycling the Everyday. How to reduce your waste and learn to upcycle common everyday items in order to give them a new use (a material list will be provided to registered participants to transform into something new!)
- From Coffee Grounds to Healthy Ground: Composting and Soil Health. Intro to outdoor composting and vermicomposting. Learn how to test your soil and the importance of soil health growing a great garden/lawn. We'll cover composting basics, too!
- Bokashi: Compost Made Easy! An intro to composting with Bokashi that is great for newbies and recent converts. Learn all about what it is, its many uses, and why it is such a helpful method for composting here in Calgary. Participants will make their own starter Bokashi mix to take home and try.
All Natural Living workshops are approx. 1.5-2 hours, are hosted at the Green Calgary office (#100, 301 - 14th St NW), start at 6:30 pm and are:
- $10 (inc. GST) for Green Calgary members
- $20 (incl.GST) for non-members
Our winter series begins in February. You can also host a Natural Living presentation for your community or social group for a nominal charge. Contact us to learn more.
Registrations for all current session now closed. Upcoming sessions will be posted soon!