Stormwater In the City
…challenges students to build a model rainwater harvesting system that could supply certain household water uses while mitigating some of the human impacts on aquatic systems. Students consider water quantity and quality issues arising in urban landscapes by exploring how stormwater drainage, surface permeability, and overland runoff can impact an aquatic system. The program inspires creativity by challenging students to solve social, economic, and technical issues related to the design and use of rainwater harvesting systems.
- Stormwater in the City is one hour in length.
- Please no more than 30 students
- Stormwater in the City is valued at $200+gst*
The following is required for the program:
- Access to water and a sink (in a nearby room is fine)
- 5-6 tables or desks for the collaborative activity
- A smart board or multimedia projector with a computer
*Each presentation is valued at $200.00. However, we strive for equal access for all Calgarians to environmental education and empowerment, so IF cost is a barrier, we ask that your organization makes the contribution that you can afford and you will be invoiced accordingly.
Learning resources related to Stormwater in the City