Green Calgary's Board is Recruiting!
Posted on February 23, 2015
Call for Board Members
Green Calgary is seeking community leaders to join our Board of Directors April 2015. The Board provides leadership to Green Calgary in areas of governance, strategic direction and policy, and fiduciary accountability. We aim to attract skilled and committed individuals and provide governance that is consistent with Green Calgary’s mission, vision, and values.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about the vibrancy and sustainability of Calgary through the reduction of the environmental impact in the way we live, work and play.
- Possess strong community leadership and non profit board governance experience
- Be independent of the City of Calgary Administration or Council
- Possess one or more of the following skill sets:
- Media/Public Relations/Marketing
- Fund Development/Fundraising
- Human Resources
The Board meets once a month and each board member is asked to serve on at least one standing committee, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Finance & Audit
- Risk Management
- Governance and Policy
Director terms are for a minimum of 2 years and require between 8-10 hours/month of committee/Board work.
Submissions will be accepted until Wed March 11, 2015 end of business. The Nominating committee will contact those applicants selected for an interview no later than March 16, 2015.
Please submit your expression of interest and current resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject heading: Nominating Committee – Board Recruitment. Thank you.