Day 2 Enviro Week: It's Bike Month!
Posted on June 6, 2016
Welcome to your second challenge for day 2 of Environment Week! Did you know that June is Bike Month? We’re challenging you to bike as much as you can this month. Together we can all reduce the impact of greenhouse gases on the atmosphere from our transportation. Here are 5 ways to make biking easier:
- The City of Calgary has great biking resources on their website, such as cycle track information, pathway maps and more!
- If you can’t bike all the way to work consider one of Calgary's Park’n’Bike locations to bypass traffic and get in some exercise too.
- Don’t have a bike, or all the gear you need? Here’s a guide to where to rent a bike, helmet and other accessories.
- Want to learn more about biking at your workplace? We’ve partnered with The Arusha Center to offer a new Lunch and Learn called Cycling in the City.
- Head to one of the many biking events this month for tips and encouragement from other bikers. Check out a Bike Maintenance Clinic or the Bike Wash & Safety Festival on June 11th or Bike to the Zoo on June 25th.
We hope you enjoy cycling all around #YYC this June!