9 Free & Green#YYC Family Day Ideas
Posted on February 12, 2016
Got plans for Family Day? Staying close to home is great for the planet and we've got 9 fun (& free!) ideas to enjoy Family Day right here in #YYC:
1. Winter Carnival: Head down to Fort Calgary for free sleigh rides, indoor carnival games and special shows!
2. Devonian Gardens: Calgary’s downtown indoor gardens will be hosting games, crafts and science exhibits!
3. Eau Claire Market Family Fun Day: Head to Eau Claire for musicians, circus performers, face painting & carnival games.
5. Swim: Check out which City of Calgary Aquatic Centres are offering free swimming from 1 pm to 2:30 pm and from 3 to 4:30 pm on Family Day.
6. Make a time capsule: Make a family time capsule to open next year! Some ideas to include are family pictures, a newspaper, a USB or DVD with family interviews, letters to your future selves, or weight and height measurements (of the kids!).
7. Make a garden: Save your eggs shells in their carton over the weekend and plant seedlings in them on Family day. When it starts warming up you can put them right in the garden, and the shell add nutrients to the soil!
8. Go back in Time: Ponder your family history by asking its oldest members about their lives, and any wisdom they’ve picked up along the way. Pull out old family photos for visuals!
9. Family book club: Start a family book club! Pick a book and read a few chapters together on Family day. You can then read some more apart and discuss around the dinner table.
We hope you have a wonderful Family Day in #YYC!