5 Things You Can Expect at our Community Sales
Posted on May 27, 2016
We’re halfway through our Annual Rain Barrel and Composter Community sale season! If you haven’t visited us yet, we hope to see you at one of the remaining sales. Here are 5 things you can expect to find:
1. Education: When you get to our sale the first thing you’ll do is visit our volunteer educators. Some of our educators have been volunteering for years and are super knowledgeable on all things rain barrels! They’ll help you find the right barrel and explain how to set it up.
2. Composting: Rain barrels aren’t the only star of the show. We can answer all your back-yard composting questions too!
3. Sponsors: Our sponsors attend many of the sales with their own booths. They offer draws, information and often giveaways, that help tie into sustainability in #yyc. Bluegrass Nursery also has edible perennials and beautiful pots you can buy onsite! This year, we're pleased to welcome community investors, First Calgary Financial, London Drugs and BlueGrass Nursery & Garden Centre.
4. Extras: In addition to rain barrels and composters, we carry all kinds of accessories for your composter including bokashi, wingdiggers and kitchen catchers, as well as worm castings for your garden, along with accessories for your rain barrels like stands and extra taps.
5. Help & Repairs: We always have extra hands to help you carry your rain barrel or composter to your car (and figure out how to fit it in!) And the Barrelman is onsite to do repairs to your old Green Calgary rain barrel so you can use it for many more years to come.
This Saturday, May 28th, we’ll be at the First Calgary off 16th Ave in the Northeast. And don’t forget you can still pre-purchase a rain barrel or composter online for any of our later sales.
Once you’ve installed your barrel, don’t forget to take a selfie with your new best rain saving friend. Post it to your Facebook or Twitter and tag @greencalgary for your chance to win a Bluegrass Nursery gift card! Contest runs until July 4th.