Educator, Environment and Climate Literacy – Children & Youth
Since 1978 Green Calgary has been helping educate Calgarians on how to live more sustainably. Our current programming aimed at Children & Youth is tremendously popular. In order to accommodate all of our bookings, we are looking to add some part-time, on-call educators to our team.
The Educator, Environment and Climate Literacy – Children & Youth role combines environmental expertise with a passion for primary education. Your role will be delivering our hands-on, inquiry-based educational programs to schools and community groups.
- In order to be successful in this role, you should be passionate about the environment, and urban sustainability
- You have 2-5 years in delivering programs to children and youth
- You have strong presentation and verbal communication skills that will enable you to deliver high quality programs
- Your excellent communication skills will ensure that you are able to answer questions on the subject matter to a diverse range of ages (preschool to high school)
- You can lift up to 25kg and aren’t afraid to get dirty
- You have a current and valid driver’s license and your own transportation to locations throughout the city – our program materials can be heavy so having your own car would be an asset
Hours and working conditions:
This is a casual position, on-call as needed and will be conducted at locations throughout Calgary and surrounding area. Schedule will include occasional evenings and weekends.
Green Calgary has high expectations for the quality of the programs we deliver so we are looking for someone who already has experience in education, whether that be in a classroom setting or something less traditional. Please ensure that you include in your cover letter what that experience is as well as a statement about your educational philosophy.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Christie Schulze, Senior Manager Administration & Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org